Thursday, April 3, 2014

DAY 38/365, 173.2 LBS, Down 1.8 LBS, TWL 11.4 LBS

One moment, one choice, one prayer, one day at a time.

I just returned home for the evening and I feel like eating something. Not necessarily anything unhealthy, just SOMETHING. Fruit, or a healthy smoothie, or some nuts. It doesn't really matter what it is, I just feel like eating.

I've been here before. You see, I'm NOT hungry. I just FEEL like eating. I decided to apply my new found knowledge from Made to Crave. I am choosing to "consider my decision carefully because I won't always feel like making a healthy choice." When I consider my choice to eat or not to eat, it only makes sense to eat when I'm hungry. I wouldn't fill my car up with gas and then drive 10 miles only to stop and fill up again. So why would I take my body which has been adequately fueled up today with lots of healthy food and stuff more food into it? Doesn't make sense when I look at it that way.

When I take my old habits out of the equation (emotionally eating because I feel like it), and I really listen to my body, I can easily CHOOSE to not eat anything. I feel so empowered!

I'm also choosing to take it a step further. Not only am I going to choose not to eat since I'm not hungry, I'm going to praise God for giving me the ability to listen to and recognize my body's signals. I'm going to praise Him for giving me plenty of delicious and healthy food to eat today. I'm going to praise Him for loving me no matter what and patiently seeing me through this struggle with food. I feel like I am making real progress on my road to change very old, very bad habits. As I said before, one moment, one choice, one prayer, one day at a time.

No comments: