Monday, April 14, 2014

DAY 48/365, 175 LBS, Down 1.4 LBS, TWL 9.8 LBS


Today was a frustrating day.  Not because I did poorly on my 5 goals but because I am SO tired of sabotaging myself and being on the weight loss/weight gain roller coaster.

Thankfully, I had a phone appointment with my "Life Coach" from Healthy Roads, my husband's company's healthy living incentive program.  Sherry is my coach and she is great.  She is able to see my progress from an objective view point.  She is always encouraging and doesn't judge me for my roller coaster decision making.

Sherry's observation when I told her how frustrated I was is that I am not happy with a "B" kind of day.  Last Thursday, when I ate at PF Chang, and had more calories than I normally do for lunch, was kind of the starting point of eating unhealthy for several days.  I had been having several "A+/100%" kind of days up to that point.  If I had been intentional and NOT self-sabotaging, I could have stayed within my calorie limit for the day.  But in my mind, I had "blown" it and I might as well eat whatever I wanted.

The reality is that I turned what could have been an "A+" day (with a some of effort) or easily a "B" day without a lot of effort into a series of "F" days.  In hind sight, a "B" day or even one "F" day is better than 4 "F" days.  I'm going to strive to be at 100% on my goals every day, but if I am off, for whatever reason, I'm going to remember it is not ALL or NOTHING.  There are a lot of things/days that are not going to be perfect and that is okay.  I just have to remember that sometimes "good enough" really is GOOD ENOUGH.

Sherry also asked me to focus each day on what I am grateful for.  It is good to focus on the positive things and not the challenges.  I really liked ending my day with those thoughts.  I have more to grateful for than I have room to write and that in itself is one more thing to be grateful for!!

No comments: