Thursday, May 1, 2014

DAY 65/365, 171.8 LBS, Down .8 LBS, TWL 12.8 LBS

I have had a very long day today traveling to see my parents. My dad is not doing well health wise so it is a stressful time. I have been very inconsistent with my eating habits lately and my weight has fluctuated greatly. Therefore, I decided before I left home today that I was going to eat healthy on this trip. My weight has been coming down the last few days and I do not want to sabotage myself anymore by regaining the weight I have lost (AGAIN!)

I normally make very unhealthy choices when I am here, because I eat a large volume of food and most of it is not very healthy. However, I did great today! It really came down to the fact that I decided before leaving home that eating outside of my daily calorie allotment wasn't an option.

It was no surprise that I found myself roaming the pantry and fridge (as is my normal habit when I am here). I had to very consciously and intentionally think through my choices while contemplating what to eat. I was not hungry, I was stressed, and wanting to eat out of habit.

I feel very good about navigating today successfully. It is very empowering to tackle a bad habit head on and make the right choice. Of course the remaining days of my visit will probably prove to be challenging. However, I know if I am intentional and focus on one choice at a time I can do this.

No comments: