Tuesday, May 13, 2014

DAY 77/365, 167 LBS, Down 2.2 LBS, TWL 17.4 LBS

I have had a few very good few days as far as numbers go. However, what is more important is that I am feints hints of "normal." That probably sounds weird but in my eay adulthood before I lost a healthy perspective concerning food I used to eat when I was hungry, stop she. I was satisfied and eat normal foods in normal portions.

It has been a long time since I have had that normal perspective. I have been black/white & all or nothing for MANY years. If I are healthy, I ate TOTALLY healthy AND exercised a lot and was "perfect." However, the moment I was less than perfect (in my skewed perception) I went to the opposite extreme. I would eat as unhealthy cood in the largest quantities possible and wouldn't exercise because in my skewed perception, I had "blown it" (not been perfect) so I might as well eat what I wanted and start fresh tomorrow. Wow--what an unbelievably UNHEALTHY mindset and emotional roller coaster to choose to live to live by for so many years.

This mind set left no room for error anywhere -- I. Other words no room for GRACE. No room for LIFE. No room for ICE CREAM! Seriously, I could never eat anything good and enjoy it because I felt guilty and it would either be the beginning of ANOTHER roller coaster ride or would be the middle of a roller coaster ride which also meant a big upswing in weight.

No comments: