Monday, June 24, 2013

DAY 104 - REFOCUSING MY EFFORTS

Wow! My life has been crazier than usual and I have not been focusing on my GREEN vs RED system in well over a week (since we traveled out of town on June 14th.).

I really didn't think it would be so easy to fall back into old habits but I was gradually losing focus on my 5 basic goals each day.

The GREEN vs RED system DOES WORK when I am intentional about doing my very best to meet every goal every day. The most important goal is reading my Bible and intentionally praying. I have managed to do these two things most days but I'm not doing them in a God-honoring manner, which would be taking time to do read God's word and pray first thing in the morning. Instead, I have been "cramming" in these two vital activities at the very end of the day when I am exhausted.

I have also been so lacking in adequate sleep I wonder how I am functioning and I know  my body, mind and emotions are suffering the consequences of sleep deprivation.

Then my diet has been wheels off for 10 days! I don't know if I have been GREEN with calories since our recent trip. My husband and his brothers hosted their family reunion this year which was a lot if fun but we were all very busy and I didn't make the healthiest choices.

We finished up the reunion this afternoon. I'm now packed and ready to leave with our oldest child to church camp tomorrow. I had to make a decision to get back on track immediately or risk regaining all my lost weight. Between our out of town trip, hosting the reunion, being a church camp counselor and then traveling to spend a week with my parents and siblings, I have been in a prime position to lose all of my hard earned progress.

NO WAY is that happening.  I have officially refocused, I have planned and logged all my meals for camp (I'm taking a lot of my own food so I have better control of type of food and calories etc.  I will weigh in the morning and then not again until Saturday morning.  I plan to get any regained weight back off.  When I return from camp,  I will begin blogging my cards with my progress each day.
I will post from camp if possible. Until next time. Choose healthy habits and have a happy heart!
Sent from my iPhone

No comments: