Sunday, June 2, 2013

DAY 83 - TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS 28.6 LBS

Sleep is a beautiful thing, especially after several nights of not getting nearly enough.

Sundays have typically been a little more challenging, for whatever reason, to eat healthy and stay within my calories. Today, I didn't struggle at all. However, I was SHOCKED to find that with only 1200 calories consumed, I had eaten 72 grams of sugar! I made very healthy choices all day! It turns out that APPLES, which I ate two, contain 17 grams of sugar EACH! I didn't even think to check how many sugar grams an apple has because I always thought it was one of the fruits with lower sugar.. Very interesting.

The other interesting observation I made today concerns water. I have discovered a correlation between how much water I have consumed and how hungry I feel.

I have always heard that sometimes when you think you are hungry, you might really be dehydrated, so you should drink water. Plus, drinking water prior to eating a meal is believed to fill your stomach up so you feel full before you begin eating. I believe both of those ideas are valid. I have also found the days I have struggled the most are days where I haven't consumed my water early in the day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are amazing. Keep trucking on and think, school and the stress is almost over! Love you, Jennifer

April said...

Thank you Jennifer. I appreciate your love, support and encouragement! Love you too!