Thursday, September 12, 2013

DAY 3/115

We are both having excellent weight loss right now due to water loss and just not pigging out everyday. I imagine my weight is going to stabilize soon and I will be faced with the true amount of weight gain from the summer.

I'm really feeling good right now despite whatever weight gain has occurred. The accountability and success the Green vs Red system provides is amazing. I just have to worry about those 5 little things each day and my weight drops. I am very committed to getting down to at least 140 lbs by the end of this 115 day challenge. I haven't been that low of a weight in so long, I don't even remember what it feels like. I can only imagine that it will feel amazing!

I think my husband will see significant weight loss for a couple of weeks before his weight begins to drop at a more normal rate. He had another rough day with food choices. They celebrated a coworker's birthday today and I suspect that was a challenge with all the yummy food. The GREAT news is that he stayed within his calorie goal, logged his food, and completed his Green vs Red card. These kind of days are hard because you don't really get a lot of bang for your buck when you eat junk food. A couple of doughnuts can equal half a days allotment of calories! So not worth it.

I am so proud of my husband logging his food these last couple of days. I really think acknowledging what you eat and also your eating habits (eating due to stress, when you're tired etc) helps to identify habits that are not conducive to a healthy lifestyle. If you just mindlessly eat OR have the attitude of "I'm not going to worry about it today, I will just start tomorrow," you will never get your weight under control. The first step to creating HEALTHY habits is to recognize and be willing to change your UNHEALTHY ones! Keeping track of these 5 daily goals is the primary tool we have in our effort to change. Now, just 112 more days!

No comments: