Wednesday, September 4, 2013

NOT GOOD, NOT GOOD AT ALL

9/3/13--169 LBS
9/4/13--165.8 LBS

My weight is up a lot in two short weeks. I think my weight is inflated because I have been eating really unhealthy for two weeks. I think it will come down quite a bit in the next 2-3 days and then I will know the true damage I have done to my weight loss progress.

I have had little structure over this time period which makes my diet difficult for me to manage. It also proves to me that even though I have felt free of the emotional eating for the most part over the last several months, I can fall right back into old habits/mindsets very easily.

One of the most dangerous thoughts/behaviors I fall back on is to think, "I've blown it today, so I might as well eat anything and EVERYTHING I want to eat. I'll get back on track tomorrow (or when vacation ends, or company leaves, or after the holidays etc). That thinking is a big part of why I ended up so heavy to begin with. It's a little discouraging to see how easily I fell back into that thought pattern.

The good news is that I have clearly identified those thoughts as a weak area. I need to come up with some strategies to strengthen my ability to eat healthy regardless of the circumstances.

Here are some thoughts on that:

1. Have a plan of what I'm going to eat. If a big (or special) meal is on the agenda, make the healthiest choices I can. Also, cut back in other areas during the day or exercise a little more to accommodate for the extra calories.

2. Drink my water.

3. Ditch the ALL or NOTHING attitude. One cookie (or bowl of ice cream, or piece of brownie etc) does NOT "blow my weight loss efforts." That is called life.

4. MODERATION is the key to successful weight loss management. I do not HAVE to overindulge when I eat something sweet. I have just trained my mind and body to go completely overboard when I do eat a sweet treat. I RARELY, if ever, eat a normal portion of sweets. I'm not a victim in that situation. Half a pan of brownies has never walked out of the pan and into my mouth. Seriously, I need to grow up and face reality. I'm doing that to myself. Good news is, if I can choose to eat like that, I can choose NOT TO!!

I'm sure there are more ideas of things that would help but I think #4 is where I'm going to leave it for now. #4 is also where I'm going to start tomorrow.

No comments: