Saturday, September 14, 2013

DAY 5/115

Today was not a good day for either of us. My problem was lack of sleep, not exercising (I always eat better when I exercise), not drinking my water, not reading my Bible,
my schedule being out of whack due to the piano tuning man coming almost 4 hours late, and not having a plan for dinner at the football game. There was a lot that wasn't good today but lack of sleep is probably the biggest culprit of all.

As for Bob, he has developed very poor habits concerning eating (not a lot of healthy food) and rarely exercising. That is a difficult cycle to break. He says he is working his way into being mostly Green and I believe him. It is hard to change these types of unhealthy patterns. If it was easy, the US Center for Disease Control (CDC) wouldn't have reported that 35% of Americans are obese. Obesity is classified as having equal or greater than a 30 BMI (body mass index). 35% are obese, that doesn't even include the run of the mill overweight person. Of course it is difficult to change bad habits, but it is possible!

I think one if the first steps is to acknowledge what you are really doing to your body, and the card system is a great way to see the correlation between your habits and your weight. I know when I overeat, I used to go into denial mode and think, "Ou well, I'll start over tomorrow". Even now, I don't like to record the days I eat way over my calorie allotment. It is very uncomfortable to accept that I CHOOSE to put that much food and/or that kind of junky food into my body. Of course if I record the food as I eat it, I'm less likely to go over on calories because I can't deny the numbers when they're right in front of me.

No comments: