Thursday, April 4, 2013

DAY 24 - TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS 12.4 LBS

I was surprised my weight was down a little bit because we ate dinner late last night and my calories were above my goal. Of course my body has natural fluctuations that are going to be more obvious since I am weighing daily.

I am amazed that I haven't had the desire to go off the deep end and binge on high-sugar and high-fat foods. I've always thought my struggle was more food oriented, but 24 days into this journey, food choices haven't been a challenge yet.

In the past, I have believed in order to lose weight,I needed to eat "perfectly healthy" with no room (in my calorie allowance, or in my mind) for any "bad food". So, if I ate something that wasn't the healthiest choice, I would feel like I had blown my diet (failed) and I would then make 180 degree turn and binge. I would eat large quantities of unhealthy foods for a day, days or weeks at a time. Whatever weight loss progress I had made was thrown down the tube. I would then feel defeated, depressed and overwhelmed with my ever increasing weight.

Eventually, I would gear up with a new plan or diet book, and a big dose of determination that would be great until I deviated from the new plan and the entire self- destructive cycle would start again.

This system is different because no food is off limits. I have made healthy food choices because I FEEL BETTER, not because I am "not allowed" to eat something. Plus, the biggest benefit of the system is to get my focus OFF of trying to be "PERFECT" and get my focus ON GOD. Spending time in God's word every day and diligently praying daily has been more life changing than any amount of lost weight.

No comments: