Sunday, April 7, 2013

DAY 26 - TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS 12.8 LBS

Based on my calorie intake and a RED on exercise, you might think I did poorly today. However, I believe I had a successful day because I made several healthier choices today than I would have in the past.

1. We had an early volleyball game this morning and I didn't have time to cook my normal filling breakfast. BUT I did choose to eat a boiled egg (already cooked and in the fridge)

2. We ran errands after the game and stopped at the convenience store to get drinks. I was very hungry but I chose an unsweetened tea and waited to eat lunch when we got home.

3. I chose a healthy, filling lunch.

4. I knew we were going out to a birthday party at a Mexican food restaurant. I did eat chips and guacamole before dinner and although I didn't count out my chips, I did break them into 3-4 pieces each which helped me limit he amount I ate.

5. I chose a chicken fajita salad.

6. I did not eat the queso which was on every table.

7. I only drank water even though the margaritas looked yummy. I had to get my 100 oz in!

8. I did not eat a specialty cupcake that was served for dessert (even though people were raving about them).

9. Most importantly, I logged EVERYTHING I ate today. In all the years of trying to lose weight and keeping a food journal, I HAVE NEVER tracked my food on days like today when I don't eat according to plan. I just don't write it down because in my mind, it is so bad, I don't want to face reality. Interestingly enough, although I couldn't eat like I did today every day, occasionally eating out and going over on cslories is not going to ruin my healthy lifestyle!

No comments: