Sunday, April 7, 2013

DAY 27 - TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS 11.8 LBS

So my weight was WAY up today. Normally this would be enough to send me into a self- destructive tail spin, however, that would be counter- productive to a healthy lifestyle. So, I just got back on track today. So simple. I have made it such an emotionally complicated ordeal in the past.

What's different this time? God. Grace. Forgiveness for not being PERFECT. PERFECT? How humorous, that I actually believed if I could just eat and exercise perfectly for a period of time and get my weight off, I would be able to manage my weight long term.

The problem is that I am not perfect and never will be perfect. Tremendous freedom is found in understanding I just need to do my best, show myself grace when I am off plan for whatever reason, and get back to being as healthy as I can be each day. I eagerly accept God's grace, I try to show it towards others, but have had exactly ZERO grace for myself.

God's grace through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus provides spiritual freedom. Modeling that grace toward others as well as myself, provides emotional freedom. It's a great feeling to be free.

No comments: