Wednesday, May 8, 2013

DAY 58 - TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS 21.6 LBS

I started feeling poorly last night and by the time my alarm went off at 5:00 a.m. I knew I had some kind of infection in my chest and would have to go to the doctor. I have a chest infection and sinus infection. I just feel crummy. Company is coming in Saturday, it is end of school year so we are super busy and there is not a lot of wiggle room in the daily calendar. I'm headed to bed in about 20 minutes, I'm not setting my alarm for bootcamp. And hopefully can get about 10 hours of sleep. I'm hopeful that the antibiotics/ sleep combo will do the trick and I will feel better tomorrow.

Illness is something that has derailed my dieting attempts in the past. 58 days into this new lifestyle change I feel very focused on meeting my goals with a dose of grace (didn't exercise today and not sure how much water I drank) but that is where the grace comes in. I've always said I didn't have to be perfect, just do the best I can each day. Do I want some comfort food? Yes! And would it be nice to have my mom around the corner to come over with some TLC for me and help with the kids? Sure, but unfortunately she doesn't live around the corner and I'm thankful to have an awesome husband who is tender, helpful and understanding.

So how will I NOT DERAIL in this circumstance? I believe with all my heart that I feel better physically (with the exception of current illness) because of these new healthy habits. No amount of comfort food is going to make me feel better physically. For a few seconds of bliss It might feel better emotionally but it would be a short time until the physical ramifications would hit (bloating, cravings for sweets that have all but disappeared) and then the emotional ramifications would hit (feelings of failure and being overwhelmed by the cravings and the mental justification that I would start to say to myself)....."I am sick after all, I can get back to being healthy tomorrow," which in the past has been days, weeks, months or even years down the road.

Nope, I'm going to stick with the plan and prove to my body that I mean business. I'm in this for the long haul. AND, if I'm completely honest, I suspect that I'm partially sick because I'm burning the candle on both ends and not getting the sleep I need. That has to become a serious priority.

Off to bed for now. 😊

No comments: