Tuesday, May 21, 2013

DAY 71 - TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS 24 LBS

Today was a good day. I focused on the scriptures from yesterday. It helped to get my focus off all the negative, self- defeating thoughts I struggled with yesterday and were surfacing again today.

My weight  was up today and I don't know why. I felt very stressed yesterday so maybe that is the reason.  I just know that when I started feeling stressed today, I focused on God's word and I felt better.  I'm going to trust the process and keep plugging away.

I ran tonight while the kids were at gymnastics. I don't feel the "rush" of good feelings that I have heard described while running, however, I do feel much better physically and emotionally after exercising.

I also realized how much I have accomplished in the past couple of months. About a year ago, a friend and I were walking/jogging on the same route I was on tonight. As I was running the entire 3.5 miles tonight without walking, I remembered having to stop frequently last year just to catch my breath. In fact, we ended up walking the majority of the route and were only able to do one loop (I did two loops tonight). I felt great tonight and was never even tempted to walk one time. Amazing what regular exercise and losing weight will do for you! If you would have told me last year I would ever be able to run continuously for 3.5 miles, much less ENJOY doing that, I would not have believed it! I am so proud of my progress!

No comments: