Sunday, May 12, 2013

DAY 62 - TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS 23 LBS

I ate a lot today. I didn't measure ANY of my food. I added SALT to my food. I PROBABLY overestimated how much food I ate today. I DIDN'T drink all of my WATER. I DIDN'T get enough SLEEP. I DID WORKOUT (and it was hard)!

I DID HAVE ONE OF THE BEST MOTHER'S DAY EVER. We went to church, ate yummy food, and worked out with friends and family. It was fun working out, laughing and playing with the kids this afternoon. We all had a great time.

Lessons learned at this point in the journey:

1. MEASURE everything.

2. If possible, map out all of my meals for the day (budget my calories)

3. DO NOT eat standing up. Measure, fix my plate, sit down and consciously enjoy my meal.

4. Begin drinking water EARLY in the day to get it all in.

5. DON'T add SALT to already prepared dishes. My taste buds have already adjusted to less salt and will continue to adjust if I give them a chance.

6. LISTEN to my body. I ate today even though I was full.

7. I can eat ANYTHING I want.  REALLY.  1700 calories a day allows me to eat a REASONABLE PORTION of anything I want.  I need to remember that.

8. I WILL NOT have a "blowing my diet" mentality. I want to eliminate the "all or nothing" thinking that I automatically fall into when I eat food that, in my mind, is "not healthy". Today that food was chips.

9. Take more time to THANK GOD for all the blessings in my life. A wonderful husband, three healthy kids, loving and supportive family and friends, good health, church, my husband's job, our home, good neighbors, boot camp, our sweet dog, the many answered prayers...

No comments: