Thursday, May 30, 2013

DAY 79 - TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS 27.6 LBS

The fact that I'm posting after 1:00 a.m. is a good indicator of how my evening (after 9 pm) has ended. There are some stressful situations occurring right now and I am definitely wanting to deal with the stress by EATING! UGH!

I'm going to look at these situations with a "glass half full" attitude. I can sum that attitude up pretty easily:

If tonight's stress would have happened 80 days ago (Pre- Green/Red), I would have had a major "sweets" binge. I would have eaten untold amounts of sweets, containing zero nutritional value with LOTS of calories. I wouldn't have logged ANY of my food. I would have been "off" the dieting wagon for no telling how long. I would be eating myself into oblivion every day and then I would have kept telling myself, "I'll start again tomorrow." But " tomorrow" would be so long in coming, all of the lost weight would be regained.

Today, 79 days into this Green/Red journey, I still found myself WANTING to eat the stress away, but NOT CRAVING the junk food. I gave into the stress to some extent. I'm over in calories and sugar grams. However, I ate watermelon and beef jerkey for my stress eating instead of candy bars and cookies.

THAT'S PROGRESS! I have faith that I will eventually be completely free of the bondage of emotional eating. I have come a long way already and I feel and see a huge difference in my mentality toward food and eating.

No comments: