Sunday, May 12, 2013

DAY 61 - TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS 24 LBS

I am logging my highest calorie count since I began this challenge. It was an interesting and challenging day. We went to the Kenny Chesney concert this afternoon. The first performer began at 5:00 and Kenny ended at 11:30. The dinner options were not healthy. I chose a bag of dry roasted and salted peanuts. I ate the whole bag. 960 calories worth of peanuts. For that many calories it sounds like it should have been a huge bag but it was 6 oz. it would have been better to have eaten healthy before the concert and skipped dinner but it also could have been A LOT worse. And I was tempted. VERY tempted. Those nachos with jalapeños were yelling my name. I did eat two chips with cheese and jalapeños from my niece's order but considering I really wanted an entire order for myself, I think I did pretty well. And although the peanuts were high in calories, I chose the only natural food there was to choose (other options were giant hotdogs/giant pretzels/giant nachos).

Also, logging my food all day was a huge success. I've eaten "2800 calorie days" many times before and probably many days, I've eaten even more calories. However, I have NEVER logged my food on a day like today. Small changes that I know will equal big results as I consistently make healthy choices. I'm anticipating a big jump in weight tomorrow due to the calories and the salt. I'm prepared to deal with it. I have a hard work out planned for tomorrow which will be great especially since I have been sick this week and missed bootcamp all but one day. One day at a time. One green goal at a time. I'll get there.

No comments: